This event is now over
Project Management Institute
Pune Deccan-India Chapter
Making project management indispensable for business results. Â®
Invitation for the 88th Monthly Seminar
PMI Pune Deccan-India Chapter is pleased to invite you for interesting and thought provoking seminars on:
v Experience in Energy Monitoring and Automation – Mr. Jagdish Naik, Global Leader for Remote Energy and Equipment Analytics at Honeywell Building Solutions
v `Mukta Samwaad' on Leadership and Project Management – Co-hosted by PMI and Chatur Knowledge Networking.
Participants: V J Rao (Country Head HR, Suzlon), Sudha Canan (Head, Wisdom Consulting), Mr. Girish Kelkar (President, Project Management Institute, Pune- Deccan India Chapter)
Venue: Pune Shramik Patrakar Sangh, Cummins Auditorium, 193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk, Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall, Pune 411030
Date: Saturday, December 10th 2011
Time: 10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Topic: Experiences in Energy Monitoring and Automation
In this seminar, Mr. Jagdish Naik, Global Leader for Remote Energy and Equipment Analytics at Honeywell Building Solutions will cover the following topics:
· Worldwide Commercial Energy Usage Scenarios –Trends
· Deep Dive into Energy Consumption Scenarios – What factors contribute to Consumptions – Scenario in Buildings
· Root Causes of Energy Consumption
· Remedial Measures- (What you measure is what you control)
· Ways to Monitor and Control –Industry Trends
· Energy Conservation Measures --- Deployment Into the Cloud
· Industry Models – Success Stories and Failures and their Analysis
· Future Scenarios
· Disruptive Technologies in Controls and Automation
· Q and A
Speaker: Mr. Jagdish Naik,
Jagdish is Global Leader for Remote Connectivity in SaaS environment for Energy and Equipment Analytics across Honeywell Building Solutions Business in US, Europe and Asia Pacific. He is working with Design, Marketing and operations teams globally to design, implement and launch the Energy Monitoring /benchmarking/ Alarm Monitoring/ Command control Solutions. Jagdish's working experience Spans Globally from Far East to the US and from Industrial to Building automation covering power ,Refinery ,Fine Chemicals ,Metals/ Minerals ,Batch Plants and Utilities in specifying (Architecture) ,implementation and start ups of control systems.
Between 2005 -2010, Jagdish was Business leader for Engineering center (250+Engineers) located in Pune India serving Customers in US, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. In 2009 Jagdish Conceptualized and set up a separate internal P&L serving the Dealer network for Honeywell in Building Automation sector in the US and Middle East .Engineering Center covered HVAC ,Fire and Security /Critical Infrastructure Protections and Energy engineering.
His end customers in industry have been BP, JGC, Chiyoda (LNG plants), LG Chemical (South Korea), Unilever affiliation in US (Batch Plant ), Shell ,Exxon, Toyo, Indian Oil and In Building Automation they have been Boeing ,Several Schools in US ,Wembley Stadium and Heathrow Terminal 5 in the UK And Wyeth Pharmaceuticals In Ireland .
Previously he worked for Sesa Goa Industries as a leader in setting Up Electrical and Instrumentation for Pig Iron Plant Project to Customize the Process Licensor design to India plant for Furnace Charging Automation systems and Power Plant implementation and for Thermax Babcock and Wilcox commissioning Large Boilers for Power and Utility applications. Jagdish's goal is to create undisputed, significant Value for the end Customers through innovations and creating this to be unique enriching experience his own teams.
Topic: `Mukta Samwaad' on Leadership and Project Management
There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that accepting a position as a project manager also means accepting the responsibilities of a leader. There are expectations associated with the position, and the person accepting the assignment must be aware of the demands at the personal as well as professional level. Of course, the type of project, the company, the organizational structure and other factors impact the role of the project manager, but there will always be some element of leadership in the position.
Some of the qualities of a Project Manager such as minding the scope, schedule, and budget of a project may sound quiet and peaceful, even mundane. Being in an individual contributor role or managing team members to someone else's direction is tranquil in comparison to a leader's responsibilities. One must remember, though, that there are two paths in project management—successfully managing the most difficult type of projects as a leader, or following a cookbook project management style as a coordinator. The demand will increase for the former, while the latter will be commoditized and relegated to any resource, remote or local. To advance the project management discipline, leadership qualities are essential.
Taking this point further, the following themes will be discussed in the upcoming Muktasamwad- The panel members will share their experiences as a Project Manager/Leader on a specific project, their leadership challenges as the Project Manager and their learning's. The session will be concluded with an open house.
Monthly seminar is FREE FOR ALL / NO Entry FEE; one does not have to be Pune Chapter member to attend this seminar.
1. Please share this information with other interested acquaintances / your friends, they need not have to be Pune Deccan Chapter member
2. Practicing PMPs can earn 1 to 2 PDUs by attending seminar
3. Non paid members may subscribe to On Target Newsletter by paying marginal amount of INR 100/- annually. All payments must be paid in advance. Checks payable to: "PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter", Payable at: Pune, India. You may bring the check on seminar day and handover to Sangeeta Zaparde (Finance Director), Shyam Bhavsar (Marketing & Communications Director) OR Himanshu Warudkar (Programs Director). Please write your Name, email ID & Date of Subscription backside of the check.
To subscribe to PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter yahoo group:
1. Visit http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/pmi-pune-chapter and click on - Join this group! button.
2. Send mail to email@example.com with following information: Name, Personal Email, Home Phone, Mobile No, Company Name, Work Email, Work Phone, Designation, PMI Member (paid $119)? Pune Chapter Member (paid $10)?
3. Chapter website: www.pmipunechapter. org
Thanks & Regards,
Himanshu Warudkar, PMP®
PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter
Contact Jaya/ Anuradha - firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
December 10, 2011
10:15 am to 12:45 pm
Shramik Patrakar Sangh, Cummins Auditorium,
193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk, Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall